You are working on your system, and suddenly, messages like ‘libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll was not found,’ and ‘libcrypto-1_1.dll missing’ error pop up on your screen.
What is a libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll error?
Libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll. is a part of the DLL or Dynamic Link Library file. The files help store information and instructions from the system for executable files or EXE.
These files are there to help in multiple functioning of programs and can be used by the same. It saves valuable memory allocation and makes the computer run smoothly and efficiently.
The DLL files add convenience and efficiency, but they come with cons and are prone to issues. If a minor error occurs, the file goes missing or corrupts. The error occurs during an attempt to load libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll.
In this article, we will understand libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll and the solution to its errors. We will also know the steps to download the above extension.
The libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll errors that occur during its functioning are,
- This application does not start because libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
- Failed to load libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll.
- Libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll could not be found.
- Access Violation at – libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll.
- Cannot register libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll.
- The file libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll is missing or corrupt.
The error can occur due to the reasons mentioned above or if you delete the file accidentally. Another possible reason could be a malware infection or the uninstallation of a shared file. Internal storage space can also corrupt the libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll file, a system crash, or a virus affecting your hard disk.
These files are vulnerable to malicious attacks, and it is advisable to use a high protection antivirus program in your system and go for regular scanning.
Let’s discuss the methods through which we can fix libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll Errors
Download Libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll and choose the manual installation.
To download the file, go to the official site http://www.openssl.org/
- Copy the file to the program install directory.
- Or, go to the DLL File to the directory of the system. (C:\Windows\System32, and for a 64-bit in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\).
- Next, reboot the computer.
There are two Libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll Versions.
Bits 64 bit
Size 3.26 MB
Bits 64 bit
Size 2.9 MB
Website – http://www.openssl.org/
Use the error fixing tool
It is helpful to delete the file unintentionally and when the application crashes. Malicious infections cause the file and the system to get corrupted. You can easily fix the error with error-fixing tools quickly; they are designed to repair corrupted or deleted files in Windows. Install the program and fix the Libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll issues.
Reinstall the Program
Try reinstalling the program if you find errors because of the missing.DLL file.
Use registry cleaner
A powerful tool that helps remove unnecessary files and fix registry problems. It works on the leading cause and eliminates issues. The program is fit for PC; the administrators can extract the troubles easily with this feature.
- Download the application on Windows OS.
- Install and run the program; the utility starts along and fixes the issues.
Scan the system for viruses
The system file checker comes in handy to scan for viruses and issues in Windows system files and restores them. The guide helps repair missing, corrupted files. Windows do not function normally if The Windows Resource Protection file is missing. The “SFC scan now” option switch is found with the SFC command, the Command Prompt command used to run System File Checker.
To run it, open Command Prompt first by typing “command prompt” in Search, right-click on “Command Prompt,” and later select “Run as administrator” from the drop-down menu to run Command Prompt with administrator privileges. It is required to run an elevated Command Prompt to be able to perform an SFC scan.
- It is advisable to do a complete system scan and install an antivirus program for better security.
- If you find a threat, reinstall the program.
- Perform a restore at system startup if all the above steps didn’t help.
- If nothing works, reinstall your Windows operating system.
Type “SFC /scan now” and press Enter on the keyboard to execute this command in the Command Prompt window. System File Checker will start and take about 15 minutes to complete the scan.
In conclusion, we hope the methods mentioned above will help you eliminate libcrypto-1_1.dll is missing error.